Thursday, February 14, 2008

Make New Friends

Today I joined two Etsy teams. I LOVE Etsy and have really enjoyed the past 6 months there. I'm sure the next 6 months and beyond will be even more fulfilling.

The first group I've associated myself with is Idaho Indie Works. "...a group of local Etsians who want to work together to help grow our businesses and bring awareness to the importance of buying handmade."

I love that they meet and actively participate with each other to bring awareness of each others work, Etsy, and the Handmade movement to the state of Idaho.

The other group I joined is EtsyMoms. "...dedicated to promoting women artists and crafters who also share the joy of being mothers. Some of our members work from home, some work from other places, but we all share a love of creating beautiful, useful, artful things. Our goal is to create a forum where these creative EtsyMoms can inspire each other, discuss our work, share the success of juggling kids at home, with housework, jobs and creating for our etsy shops, as well as marketing ideas for Etsy.com, advertising and promotional opportunities, and maybe make a few friends along the way."

I especially love that this group celebrates motherhood and requests family friendly posting. I appreciate that.

These two groups are not so different in their ultimate goals. I can't wait to get to know these folks!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails