Saturday, September 12, 2009

Carnivale

I haven't been too productive lately with our recent move and Summer's family functions. I made this bracelet a couple of months ago and thanks to the ladies in the Bead Hive, I've found the perfect name for it. "Carnivale". While looking up the word Carnivale online, I found a great painting by artist Patsy Seeley that looks like it could have been the inspiration for this design. I had to share it!

"Lady in Purple"



I love this color combination! The whimsy and the mystery of things carnivalesque. When I saw these beads from lampwork bead artist, Sarah Friskey, I had to buy them. Seems I am always drawn to bright colors but usually design with muted tones. Maybe it's the Summer sun but these beads certainly called out to me.

"Carnivale"

2 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

I love this post. I agree, the picture looks like the bracelet. I love that word Carnivalesque! It is the best.

GemmaBeads said...

Thanks Kathy! I found that word online. I love it too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails